Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fireworks!

I got my first try at the fireworks "shot" last night. We didn't get to go to a fireworks display on Fri night, instead we chilled out at home and visited. Besides the fact that the fireworks show in my town started at 9 and Andrea is in bed by 8 and Alexis doesn't like them, we didn't bother to go. But I have not gotten the chance to photograph fireworks yet, and I really wanted to give it a shot. So Corey said he would go get some on Sat and we could come to Lauren's house, which is outside city limits, and shoot some off. (Isn't he so sweet?) We arranged for Mom and Dad to come watch a movie while Andrea slept and Neal and I took Alexis with us. Well, Alexis was still having nothing to with watching fireworks, she said they made her ears hurt, even though she had ear plugs in and I had her hold her blanket over her ears. I imagine that is possible when you have ear tubes, everything is louder. She decided instead to watch Ice Age inside, while we fired off a few. I'm very happy with the shots I got, being that it was windy and they directly above us. Let me know what you think....










I think next year I may beg and plead with Mom to babysit both kids so Neal and I can go catch a fireworks display somewhere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They look great. You should show them at the Slidell Photography Club.

Mom