Thursday, July 31, 2008

Family Reunion

We took a road trip last weekend! Sorry it has taken me so long to post! I have been up till midnight every night since Sun, playing/editing pictures. I love it, and I'm having so much fun!

Ok, so we drove to South Toledo Bend last weekend for the Annual Jones Family Reunion. For those non-Joneses let me give you a small recap: We started our trip Thurs evening, which was a 6 hour drive with 2 small kids. Fun, Fun. You see Friday is the golfing day for the guys, so anyone who wants to play has to get there on Thurs. So we finally got to the cabin about 8, visited and went to bed.

Like I said Friday is the guys golf day, so us gals get to hang out with the kids all day. Which is fine unless you have a 11 mth old who will not go to ANYBODY see doesn't see on a daily basis. I didn't pull out my camera on Friday being as I was busy lugging Andrea around on my hip, and worrying about Alexis (getting lost in the woods, drowning in the lake, or getting eaten by an alligator - YES, I am that paranoid; it is a hereditary thing I got from my mother). So for the most part we hung around the cabin and tried to stay out of the 102 degree heat. Later that night we grilled steak and ribs on the grill, while watching a alligator drift toward the bank (I kid you not, I had nightmares that night)

Saturday is Reunion Day! Most family members make it by Friday evening, but we occasionally have a straggler roll up on Saturday - Bob :) We rented the lodge on Sat which is overlooking the lake, has a gift shop and a air conditioned meeting room. It was very nice, the kids ran ALL day. Here are some of my favorites from Sat....

Sunset over South Toledo Bend...



The beautiful Alexis...



My gorgeous man and Andrea...



Our niece Nina...



Alexis' new friend and cousin; Paris... (I swear I can see this picture on a gallery wrapped canvas on the wall)



Paris' little brother; Rome...



I will post more details and pictures from Saturday and Sunday tomorrow!

No comments: