Saturday, June 7, 2008

A Photographers Child

I have about convinced myself it is easier to get another photographer to take my kids pictures than to take them myself. But of course Neal says NO WAY, with the amount of equipment I have there is no way he is gonna let me pay someone else. So I need work on my bribes.

I wanted to take some studio shots of Alexis in her dancing costume, and it became a battle very quickly. She didn't want her hair brushed or pulled back, started whinning and running around. So finally I asked her what she wanted...I want to play. Ok then go play, by this point I am aggravated and go into the computer room. She comes in and sits on the floor, lower lip quivering. What's wrong? With the most pitiful face she starts to cry and says "but no one is playing with me" Of course at this point I feel as low as dirt and pick her up and we start looking at the computer. "Where are my pictures?" she asked. I said you don't want your picture taken today, she then cries I do want my picture taken! WHAT!? Ok, she is a girl and we are allowed to change our minds a thousands times right? So we get her dressed and this is what we got.....

But I don't want my picture taken now.....

Is this fake smile good enough Mom?

How about this?
Ok, I will just look at the light with the big box on it.

After this I figured, this was as good as I was going to get today. So we got her back in play clothes and off to the playroom we went! And 3 puzzles later, she was a happy camper.

No comments: